Thursday, September 15, 2011

31 Day Challenge, Day 15: Delicate Print

Today's theme in the 31 Day Challenge is "Delicate Print." That's it! There was no other explanation. A couple of us girls were discussing how vague the theme was today, and were brainstorming some options. Lace crossed our minds, as did a small floral print (but that was yesterday's theme, too), but I wasn't excited about any of them until I came up with the idea to do a mehndi (henna) style design.

OPI - Skull and Glossbones
China Glaze - Street Chic
I freehanded the design on using a nail art brush and the small end of a dotting tool. I used this image as inspiration, but as you can see I didn't go too literal with the translation. This design is so beautiful!


I don't have a whole lot more to say on today's design. It started with a base of OPI Skull and Glossbones, one of my absolute all time favorite polishes, and then I put the details on in China Glaze Street Chic.

It's a very cool graphic pattern on my nails, but I'm not convinced that I totally captured the mendhi feel that i would have liked. Ah, well it's still fun and interesting to look at!



Share:

5 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.

© Chalkboard Nails | Phoenix, Arizona Nail Artist | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig